COUNT DOWN


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Friday, March 14, 2008

Highway To The Danger Zone

Normally I try and write a blog on Sundays after my long run of the week...however, we'll be up in Duluth on Sunday...so I figured I had better update before then.

So to start with how my training is coming along....Good! impressed at how far I've This week was my "down week" according to the training schedule... so all that means is I don't have to increase my millage from the week prior...so that's not so bad. The last few runs have been either 4 miles or 3 miles...I have really been trying to focus on my form and my breathing when I get to do these shorter runs. All in all I think I'm coming along quite well.... I continue to meet with my trainer twice a week....doing a lot of weight training, which I don't mind. I figure if I'm loosing the weight, I might as well work on the muscles as well:) I'll wrap up the running week with a short 3 mile run tomorrow, and following it with an easy 5 on Sunday. That will propel me right into week 5 of my training...WOW!!! Can't believe its under 100 days until the race....it should be a great time! I'm excited for everyone who's running the half marathons that day..as well as my co-teammate Bryan who's running the full!
I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! Jen and I are taking a few days off and relaxing up in Duluth. We both desperately need some down time! Oh, and if you live in Duluth, we'll see you soon!

Dave

"We went like this, and he went like that..I said; where'd he go? Hollywood says Where'd whooo go?"
"Wolfman"
Top Gun

3 comments:

Katie said...

Nice job Maverick! :)

Gigi said...

I love it- down time is 3-4 miles! I wouldn't last that long, but glad you can!! We'll be in Duluth too- for one quick day :)

Diana said...

Totally loving the Top Gun reference.