COUNT DOWN


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, March 9, 2008

End of a Long Week

It's about 7pm on Sunday...and I'm a touch grumpy about daylight saving.. Due to this I had to wake up an hour earlier than normal..and then work the usual 9 hour day.....then proceed to come home, change, and then head to the gym for my run.... So as I sit here writing to you now, I'm sleepy, hungry, and like I said before, a touch grumpy. NOT TO COMPLAIN THOUGH!
Today my training program called for a 6 mile run.......Now mentally and physically I was ready for the challenge.....after talking with a friend of mine who is training for the Boston Marathon in April....I figured 6 miles...eh it's no big deal......Well I'm here to tell you tonight that boy is 6 miles a long way....wheeew.....I was defiantly happy once I finished up..and then headed over to st reach and do some needed ab work...... The run did go well however. I maintained a 9 min mile pace through out....now some of you may think that 9 min miles is sort of slow....some of you may find it to be quite fast....well for myself, and Bryan....9 min miles are the ticket to us running a sub four hour marathon
...which is our goal.....
Now I'm off to make dinner with Jenny...and relax with her and the pup's.....I hope all of you have a great week! Also, to my friends and family with the 101 things to do.....GET ON IT! ;-)
Happy Running!

Dave

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yuck! I prefer sitting in my computer chair all day, editing pics and eating thin mints....haha

Good for you though..luv u

Diana said...

Sometimes I can't believe that my little brother is training for a marathon. I'm so impressed! That takes a lot of dedication...keep runnin'!!

Gigi said...

Okay, I think 6 miles is a long way, and keeping to 9 minutes per mile is astonishing. Keep up the good work.

Healthy Grandma said...

Keep on Trucking!

You are an inspiration, Son!

Am off to the gym right now...
LOVE,
MOM

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

If you read my blog today...you'd see that I already commented about you. But I'll leave a comment anyway, just cuz I support you and your goal!

Good job! Keep up the hard work!

And I hope you enjoyed your day off!