COUNT DOWN


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, June 2, 2008

It has been a while


So I realize it has been a long time since I posted last. However, with fishing trips, finals, and all sorts of work to be done...not to mention training for this marathon..I haven't had all the time in the world to write.....SO I'll fill you in on what has transpired in the last few weeks.
Since the last time I wrote, I had been quite busy....and along with the busyness came laziness....I know I know, ME LAZY? Yup that's right...I've been slacking on my running. But not like you may think...I've still been running four times a week..but not the required 6 days as scheduled. Anyways, today was the big Kahuna....Bryan and I undertook 20 miles for the first time...and successfully completed ever bit of it.. I feel as though we came out of today with quite a bit more confidence about June 21st...as well as relived we don't have to do anymore long runs until the marathon......So once again Bryan..you did a great job!
I hope those of you that read this will be following Bryan and I via the Verizon tracker that you can sign up for on Grandmasmarathon.com ! Only three weeks to go!

Dave

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Wow 20 miles!! I would not be able to do that, I am happy with the 4 miles I have worked myself up to :) You guys will do great the 21st! The St Peter Dobos are going to try and be there to cheer everyone on!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Good work Bryan and Dave! You guys are rock stars.

Gigi -- that's awesome you're up to four miles. Maybe next year you'll be ready for the marathon too!

Diana said...

Yup, I already signed up for the text message updates. Run Forrest, Run!!!

Bryan said...

DON'T RUN BUY A BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gigi said...

For Jenny- Thanks but 4 miles is my forever limit :)

For Bryan- Aren't you supposed to like running?!