COUNT DOWN


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise


Just wanted to update my blog one more time this week. So I'll just tell you about my running this weekend..and then I'll be quite.
So as I had mentioned in my previous post that this weekend I was going to undertake the longest training run thus far in my schedule, along with my fellow training buddy, Bryan. Well, Bryan called me on Friday night to inform me that he had been sick all week, and wasn't going to be up for the 12 miles that we planned for Saturday. While utterly sad that I wasn't going to have someone to run with, I still pressed on. With the encouragement of Jenny I plotted and ran the route. All 12 miles in the 65 degree weather. I must say it was difficult, but very rewarding to Finnish and know I didn't have to go run the next day (today). So while I sit here and enjoy a well deserved day off of running, I wish by pal Bryan a speedy recovery from the flu/cold bug that he got this week. I hope we'll be out on a run soon!
To all of you, have a great week!
Dave

4 comments:

Katie said...

LOL; love the homer pic! Good for you doing your long run...I heard Jenny ran part of it with you....

Diana said...

Doh!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I did run part of it with him! Apparently, that part of his run wasn't worth mentioning...jk

Or maybe he was jealous that I got to turn around after two miles and go home!

Gigi said...

Yay! You made it 12 miles, and isn't it nice mother nature cooperated with your training schedule so you did not have to do 12 miles on a treadmill?!